November 18, 2013

Sephora VIB Sale 2013 Haul

Hello my fellow Sephora addicts! Welcome to the greatest time of the year, the annual VIB sale where VIB members get to save 20% on their purchases for the weekend. This year, it occurred from November 7th to the 10th. Surprisingly though, they did not include Beauty Insiders this time around - they typically received 15% off during the same time. And this year's VIB Rouge got the same discount - as far as I know...

This year, I chose to shop online because (a) I was afraid things would be sold out in stores - like previous years and (b) I went through ebates.ca and got 5% cashback. ;)


Follow the jump to see what's inside. :)

First, I got the free tote as part of the promotion. Eye catching graphic but nothing special about the tote...


Except, maybe, this... A bit corny but cue the "awww".


Here's a sneak peek!


Tada!!! Can you tell I like holiday gift sets and palettes exclusively?


Let's begin, seriously. I got the Escape to Morocco Holiday Hair & Body Beautifiers from Josie Maran ($47 CAD). I've always wanted to try stuff from Josie Maran but I've always found something else to splash my money on instead. This year's gift set was too attractive to pass up.


Escape to Morocco includes (from L-R): 100% Pure Argan Oil, Argan Cleansing Oil, Argan Infinity Intensive Creamy Oil, Argan Oil Hair Serum, Whipped Argan Oil Hand Cream in 'Vanilla Apricot', and Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter in 'Vanilla Apricot'. They're all travel friendly sizes and perfect for sampling the brand without having to splurge. P.S. The vanilla apricot scent is divine.


Next, I saw this online and couldn't resist. The Full Exposure palette from Smashbox ($58 CAD). I haven't heard anything on this palette but the colours look like they would be perfect for me. It follows the same idea of the Lorac Pro palette with a row of matte and a row of shimmer eye shadows.


I love the duo chrome for the text!!! It's so simple but flashy at the same time. The palette also comes with a dual ended brush (one end for shimmers and the other for mattes), a Full Exposure mascara, and a "get the looks for your eye shape" guide.


I'm already a bit disappointed with the shades in this palette. The photos online showed a warmer palette but in reality, it definitely screams cool... *sighs* It might just have to go back.


Next, I got the One Night Stand palette from the Guy Bourdin collection by Nars ($72 CAD).


I love the packaging on Nars products...it's just perfection.


I'm debating if I want to keep this palette as well (and you'll understand after seeing the next item). This palette includes: (top row, L-R) Devotee, Mistinguette, Orgasm, (bottom row, L-R) Laguna, Deep Throat, Goulue.


The next item is the Off the Cuff Amazonian Clay Cheek Palette & Bracelet by Tarte ($50 CAD).


It's super pretty but I dislike the texture of the packaing... It's just not my thing and I don't know how to explain it... It's rough in texture and will catch on hang nails if that makes any sense to you. The cuff is alright, not really my style, but it's also not that cheap looking like other free accessories tend to be.


The shades included in this palette are (from L-R):  Crave, Dazzled, Darling, Dollface, and Park Avenue Princess. I don't know which palette I will enjoy more and I don't really want to keep both (on the account of my credit card bill).


The next item I got is The Lip Kit by Bite Beauty ($42 CAD).


This includes four double-ended Luminous Creme lipsticks. This is another brand I've wanted to try for a while but just haven't got the chance to and again, I couldn't pass up on this set either. :) The exciting thing that I found out about this company is that it's Canadian so yay! I really want to like it so I can support a fellow Canadian.


The first four shades include (from L-R): Pepper, Rose, Retsina, and Musk.


The next four shades include (from L-R): Apricot, Palomino, Mulberry, and Pomegranate.


I can't wait to try all these things and get swatching. Thanks for reading!!! Happy early holiday shopping!



No comments:

Post a Comment