March 7, 2016

Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick

Why hello there! Fancy meeting you here. I thought I should finally get to writing a new post for the new year, if you can still call it that. I mean, it is March already. Where's my monkey emoji when I need it? I'm not sure where this trend is coming from but liquid lipsticks are everywhere these days. I mean, it's not something we haven't seen before, but it's gaining popularity with some brands launching new colours with the liquid lipsticks they already had in their collection. Oh, and it also seems that only matte liquid lipsticks are back, so pull out your best lip balms and lip scrubs people, it's going to be a hella dry ride.

I wanted to write about the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks because they were the first ones I picked up after this whole trend started again and also because they had some very interesting colours I couldn't easily find elsewhere. I mean, I know other brands have similar colours but I don't want to order them only and have to pay duty.


So let's finally get started...

I picked up the shades from Sephora, Witches (black) and Echo (blue). They retail for $24 CAD each. They are not your typical shades of lipstick but I find myself drawn to very dark colours. I started off with Witches, I mean, what's darker than black?


The applicator is nothing fancy, it is your typical doe foot applicator, which I'm fine with. I mean, there are better applicators out there but there are worse too. What I don't like is that the wand is too long. I would prefer a shorter and fatter tube of liquid lipstick as this is for personal use and I find I have less control with such a long wand.


The consistency of this liquid lipstick is on the thin side and you have to work a bit to get an even application on your lips. With such bold colours, I found it quite difficult to perfectly apply it. It does dry down quite quickly but you can touch it up with extra layers without it becoming messy.


It dries down to a very matte finish. Please also translate that as very dry. There is no moisture or comfort with wearing this lipstick. It is dry. If you're going to use it and you want it to look nice, please moisturize and exfoliate your lips otherwise, you will see the flakes.


I found this lipstick to be quite "everlasting" if you don't plan on eating or drinking anything other than water. As with most other food items, the inner part of your lips will break down and it doesn't break down nicely as the outer part will break down and it kind of rubs off in chunks... so you are left with dark patchy lips. So wear and beware because it's hard to scrub off during a meal.

I did return Echo because I was still under the return policy but I probably will not be purchasing more of these as they are just too drying for me. 

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment