September 26, 2013

Review: Covergirl Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm

Hello fellow beauty junkies! Hope September is treating you well. Today I want to quickly write about Covergirl's new Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm.



Follow the jump!

I picked mine up at Walmart in "225 #Tweet Me" ($4.97 CAD). Yes, there's actually a hashtag as part of the name. It's advertised as providing sheer colour and keeping lips moisturized. I wanted something quick and easy so I was sold. As you can see, I also picked up the new Clump Crusher mascara... But back to the lip balm!


It's packaging is quite cute. I love the plastic! It reminds me of chunky plastic toys for small children. :)


After trying it and swatching it, I would agree that it does provide a sheer wash of colour on your lips and you can build up its intensity but it still wouldn't be opaque. It also feels moisturizing on the lips. That being said, I did not enjoy this product because it smelled and tasted gross. I feel like this is the case with Covergirl lip products...but the only other one I've tried was the NatureLuxe Gloss Balm. =P

LtoR: One swipe, multiple swipes
If you don't mind a waxy and plasticy (not really a word?) smell and taste, then go for it. If you're more sensitive to those things like me, then stay away. :)

Thanks for reading!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment