April 10, 2012

NYX Jumbo Eye/Eyeshadow Pencil Swatches

A quick post on NYX Jumbo Eye/Eyeshadow Pencils as I procrastinate the last assignment of my undergrad. ;)

When I first started watching makeup related videos on YouTube, which basically started my whole obsession with makeup, I learned about the brand NYX, before that, I've never even seen this brand in stores. If you haven't heard of NYX, it's a "drugstore" brand (that is, if you can find it; in Toronto, I've only seen it at Rexall) that has a price point equivalent to makeup found in drugstores. I typically buy NYX off of cherryculture.com. I think I've rambled about this before... *shrugs*

I purchased three. They have been in my stash for over a year, maybe even two...and I haven't used them a lot because I'm not the biggest fan. I have from left to right, 'Cottage Cheese', 'Black Bean', and 'Horse Radish'. Let me just warn you now, they will crease and smudge like a !@#$ because they're super creamy.


The colours are opaque when swatched, but you can't wear it without blending them out and therefore you'll lose some colour opacity.  I only use them (when I do) as bases on top on primer. ;)

L to R: Black Bean, Cottage Cheese, Horse Radish

N.B. You have to sharpen these so you better have a jumbo sharpener ready. =P

Thanks for reading!!!


P.S. I just noticed the different names Jumbo Eye Pencil vs. Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil...I'm guessing the former is the newer name and packaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment