April 15, 2014

First Impressions: Dior Addict Fluid Stick

Hello everyone! Hope you are all well and enjoying some sunshine and the warmer weather. That being said, it did just snow today, in the middle of April - crazy times - but enough about the weather.

Today's post is my first impression of the new and exciting Dior Addict Fluid Stick that I've been looking forward to and very excited to find.



More pictures after the jump, a lot more.

I found the Dior Addict Fluid Stick ($36 CAD) at The Bay, it was the only place that I went to that had it. I asked Holt Renfrew and the SA at the Dior counter told me it's coming next month. I also checked Sephora and the SA at the Bloor location told me to expect new things to be released in the summer and another SA at the Eaton Centre didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about. *sigh*

First of all, let's talk about how GORGEOUS the packaging is. If you can't tell already, I absolutely LOVE the packaging. It reminds me of Maybelline's Colour Elixir with the exposed product in the shape of a lipstick but with the final touches of Dior. *screams of excitement*


I chose the shade, "575 Wonderland". It was a difficult decision because all the shades looked quite similar in the store, and to be honest, I didn't find the shades to be all too exciting. I found a lot of the shades to be very coral, which I'm not the biggest fan of on me as a lip colour.


Love, love, love the packaging.




The applicator is quite plush and I love the pointed applicator, way better than a regular doe foot applicator. It's a really good size for a precise application.



Here's a swatch! That's two pretty thick coats on my hand to show the colour. The actual colour on my lips is not as bright as the swatch. It's a lot more like a gloss than I was expecting, not as opaque as I would like it to be. Not necessarily a bad thing though, just depends on what you're looking for.



After wiping off the Fluid Stick with a tissue, you get a slight stain. It's nothing major on my lips, just a slight tint, not really a stain.


I don't know if I would go out and buy another one... it's not the best lip product I've tried. Hopefully it'll grow on me because it wasn't cheap. For this price range, I'd buy another YSL Glossy Stain - try those if you haven't already, they're amazing.

That's all for this post! Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment