November 17, 2011

Sephora VIB Night

I went to the Sephora VIB night last Thursday and the store was crazy packed - the main reason: 20% off the entire store if you're a VIB member (and also because I chose to go to the Eaton Centre location). The line-up to checkout was around the store and reached the entrance.

I only picked up a few things because it seem like a waste to not use my discount. And it was so crazy in there, I didn't know how to shop. =(

On the actual night, I bought only 3 things for myself, MUFE HD Foundation #118 ($46 CAD), MUFE Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector in #4 ($22 CAD), and Sephora Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner in 'must have' (aka black) ($12/13 CAD). Out of the three things, I returned one of them...the MUFE HD Foundation. =( I really wanted to try this and I was looking for a higher end foundation but then I had an epiphany that I was putting more chemicals and harsher ingredients on my face than my current foundation so I had to let it go.


When I went to make the return, I picked up a few more items since the discount lasted all weekend. I bought  a backup foundation, my all-time favourite - Bare Minerals in 'Fairly Light' ($32/33 CAD) and this time in its original formula because I don't notice a difference with the matte formula and you get more bang for your buck with the original. =) I also picked up another Sephora Waterproof Smoky Cream Liner in 'The Deep End' that I ended up returning because it's not as pigmented as I'd like it to be. =( I also bought a Sephora Jumbo Liner 12HR Wear Waterproof in turquoise ($12 CAD - I LOVE these jumbo liners!) and Kat Von D High Frequency Mascara in 'Techno' (aka blue - $10 CAD). I've never tried anything from Kat Von D or even really looked at her collection but one of the sales associates at Sephora was wearing it and I had to ask her what she was wearing because I've been looking for a pigmented blue mascara. Turns out it was Kat Von D and on clearance. =) So I picked one up and I'm loving it!


Thanks for tuning in! =) Feel free to leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment