February 23, 2011

Drug Store Haul and Mini Review


I recently did a drugstore haul at Shoppers Drug Mart (and also picked up one random thing from Walmart). I dashed to Shoppers after receiving an invitation for their bonus Optimum points beauty redemption event. I watched video after video of reviews on drugstore items that I should keep an eye on and here's what I hauled.

Rimmel Natural Bronzer + Natural Minerals in 021 Sun Light ($3.99 CAD - Sale)
I got this bronzer because it was recommended by somebody on Youtube and it was cheap. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they were super pale because there isn't a lot of pigmentation.

Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 022 Nostalgia and 202 Crush ($3.99 CAD - Sale)
I love these colours! Nostalgia is a very fresh pink colour and Crush is a neutral orangey salmon colour. It adds a pop of colour without overdoing it. I've never tried these lipsticks before but I'm liking them so far. They're not drying and they have a nice sweet scent to them.

Revlon ColorStay Mineral Lipglaze in 525 Continuous Pink ($8.69 CAD - Sale)
I gave this lip gloss a try because I really enjoy using Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss. I really like the colour of this lip gloss but I think I much prefer the Super Lustrous one over this one. This one isn't as glossy as the Super Lustrous one.

CoverGirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm SPF15 in 215 Hibiscus ($8.49 CAD - Sale)
I was very excited to see this in stores because I've been wanting a tinted lip balm BUT this one is not very pigmented, the colour barely shows unless, I guess, if you get one of the darker colours. It's glossy like advertised but not lip gloss glossy. I haven't used this much since the taste is awful and I'm not purposely licking my lips or anything to taste it. Basically, I splurged to get this because I needed to see for myself but I've been greatly disappointed and it's over priced for a lip balm.

Blistex Lip Balm SPF15 in Mint ($1.99 CAD - Sale)
This was a steal since it was a twin pack. I love minty lip balms and lip glosses and I've used this before so I just grabbed it without a thought. It's one of my favourite lip balms with SPF. (And there's only one present in the photo because I gave the other one away already.)

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipstick in 515 Coral Crush ($5.99 CAD - Sale)
I love the colour of this lipstick, it's a great coral but this is not a highly pigmented lipstick but the colour does show up after a few swipes. It's not drying so that's a plus but I do not like the smell of this lipstick, it smells like PlayDoh so unless you like the smell of PlayDoh, you won't like the smell of this.

Maybelline Expert Wear Eyeshadow in 04 Charcoal Smokes ($5.99 CAD - Sale)
I love this eyeshadow quad. It has some great colours and it's really easy to use because it has instructions on the back of the palette and the eyeshadow have names on them such as "lid", "crease", "outer corner", and "brow bone" so you'll know exactly where to put them (but you can always switch them around as you please).

Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer in Cream Light 4-5 ($7.47 CAD)
This is the one item that I randomly picked up at Walmart because for the longest time, I've heard that this is a great concealer but I just never picked it up until I heard that it might be discontinued. I really like the consistency of this product but I don't find that it conceals well. I tried it on blemishes and it can easily become cakey, however, my sister likes it for dark circles under the eyes.

bareMinerals Matte SPF15 Foundation in 1N Fairly Light ($35 CAD)
I started my whole foundation routine with the bareMinerals starter kit from Sephora a few years back and quickly fell in love with its ease of application and how it evens out my skin tone without putting on a heavy foundation. However, I've never tried the matte one before so I thought I would give it a go...hopefully it'll be on par with the original.

Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Beauty Serum ($29 CAD)
I love this beauty serum. I haven't noticed any miracles on my skin since using this but my face has less random dry areas and it hasn't broken me out. It's difficult for me to find something that won't eventually break me out so to splurge a bit on this was fine. I love how light this formula is and hopefully it'll keep me looking young with long term use.

No comments:

Post a Comment