April 20, 2011

Nails, nails, nails

If you didn't know already, I love changing my nails and I do so about every week. And thanks to Seche Vite, I can do them at night without worrying about ruining them in my sleep (creases, dents, etc.). I took some pictures of my previous and current manicures and now it's time to throw them all into one post to share with all of you. =)

First, I tried the gradient effect and success! And for those who disagree, you are being too picky. =P So I was going to use a pink glitter to go the gradient but I found a nail polish that completed the gradient. =)


Claire's 'Dazzling' and Nicole by OPI's 'Star of the Party'

It was very easy to do! First, you have to put a thin layer of 'Dazzling' on the entire nail. Second, you have to put a second layer of 'Dazzling' on 2/3 of the nail, leaving the 1/3 closest to the cuticle with just the single layer of 'Dazzling'. Third, you use 'Star of the Party' and only paint it on 1/3 of the nail closest to the tips. And TADA! =) (I kind of wished I took pictures of the process now...)


After the gradient, I started using Crackle again. I needed a quick manicure because I was feeling super lazy and this is what I came up with. Bright blue base, crackle, and a hint of sparkle on the tips.

China Glaze's 'Frostbite', CG 'Crushed Candy', and L.A. Colors Art Deco in 'Purple/Blue Glitter'

And finally, my current manicure! Again, with Crackle. =)

Sally Hansen Nail Foils in 'Antique Gold' and China Glaze's 'Fault Line'

As always, I used a base coat and top coat whenever I do a manicure. A base coat will not only make your manicure last longer, but also protects your nails from staining. Top coats are great to add extra shininess and prolong your manicure.

My base coat is typically Sally Hansen's 'Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4-in-1 Treatment' (I even have backups) but I've been using Witchcraft's 'Durable Base Coat' and love it (but now I'm running low). Now I'm trying Barielle's 'Fortifying Nail Builder with Calcium Fluoride' and it's formaldehyde and dibutyl-phthalate free. =) As for the top coat, I'm loving Seche Vite (like I mentioned earlier).

Have a nice day! XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment