July 4, 2011

Beach BBQ & Brews Festival


A few weeks ago I attended my first rib fest with my boyfriend and it was delicious. =) It was the Beach BBQ & Brews Festival at Woodbine Park. I went after work on the first night and the weather was gorgeous. Luckily it wasn't crowded when we were there since it was the first night so the lines were not bad at all. =)


They also had a little area of rides mainly for children.


There were half a dozen rib vendors which included: Bibbs BBQ (Ancaster, ON), Uncle Sam BBQ (Ancaster, ON), Hawg’s Gone Wild (Ancaster, ON), Camp 31 BBQ (Ancaster, ON), Thirsty Cactus (Ancaster, ON), and Hank Daddy’s Barbecue (Maple, ON).

We purchased our food from the stand with the longest line (we were hoping that meant it would be the tastiest) which was Hawg's Gone Wild (they also had the prettiest signs) - packaging works! =)


I don't know if it was the tastiest but it was good. =) We ordered a combo which from my lack of memory I'm pretty sure it was called Southern Comfort. It included 1/3 rack ribs, 1/4 quarter chicken, and pulled pork plus we added corn bread and the chicken wasn't all the special to me but the rest was really good.


There were also other vendors which included the usual at festivals in Toronto such as Tiny Tom Donuts, Ontario Corn Roasters, Smokes Poutinerie, etc.


They also had a stage which had a blues band playing while we were enjoying our meal.

I can't wait for this festival to come around again. =) For more information, you can visit their website: beachbbqandbrews.com

XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment