August 20, 2011

Urban Decay's 15 Year Anniversary Eyeshadow Collection

It's true what they say, when you stop looking, you'll find it. ;)

I was at Sephora last weekend just browsing and when I glanced over to the the Urban Decay section and saw two lovely boxes sitting behind the 15th Anniversary palette display so I sped walk to it (literally). I was looking for it two weekends ago when Sephora had their free VIB gift with $35 purchase and double the points but I couldn't find it so I missed out. But this time around, I found my palette, got a discount and a free mascara sample.


I can honestly tell you, I was mainly attracted to the packaging of this palette. It's GORGEOUS! But it's still plastic... (I guess you can't have it all.) It also comes packaged in a purple velvety tray that can double as a jewellery box (I keep my watch and glasses in it now). It's quite pretty sitting on my bedside table.


The colours in this palette are quite versatile. You get your everyday neutrals, some fun and bright colours, and darker colours to create the classic smokey eye. The shadows in this palette are beautifully pigmented.


The first column of shadows are great for highlighting and creating more neutral everyday looks.



The second column has beautiful colours that are amazingly pigmented. <3 These are great to add a pop of colour to any look.


The third column has beautifully rich colours that are great to add some drama to any look. A little bit goes a long way for these darker shades.


This palette is a great follow up to the Naked palette. It's $66 CAD and in comparison to the Naked palette which is $58 CAD, I think this is a better value and this is a great addition to any make-up collection as it is limited edition whereas the Naked palette is a permanent item. The shadows seen in this palette are all brand new. Plus this palette also doubles as a jewellry box as the tray of eye shadows can be lifted up from the bottom right corner to reveal a hidden compartment. It's a wonderful idea for whenever you're finished with the actual make-up, you can keep the box. =)

Overall, the palette is quite pricey but you're getting a nice variety of highly pigmented colours in a beautiful keepsake box.

All I can say is good luck with finding one. This palette has been sold out ever since it hit the shelves.

XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment