June 9, 2012

April & May 2012 Collective Haul

Hello hello! I'm back with a collective from the last two months. I didn't buy much in both months and the last two items are actually from yesterday's shopping trip. =P

My only non beauty item featured in this post are my gorgeous Toms. The style name is Corbel and I picked them up at Get Outside Shoes. They're also vegan! (Not as comfortable as the non-vegan ones though...) Plus, the new Toms come with a shoe bag instead of a flag (but the bag can act as a flag).


For beauty purchases, jump in!
I might have gotten this at the end of March, to be technical, but *shrugs*. I finally picked up a Color Tattoo by Maybelline in '35 Tough as Taupe'. I got it because of the craze in the online beauty community... It's a lovely product but I haven't really used much of it, it's not something I really need. =P




And I exchanged my liquid foundation from my previous collective haul for the mineral foundation because I did not like the liquid foundation. I found that way too drying but this is pretty good and there's no SPF in it so I can use it for night events. =) I got this in '108 Golden Ivory' which I believe is one shade darker than the liquid foundation shade in their scale but actually works well.


Next item is a Caudalie package from Sephora. I found it haphazardly when looking for the Beauty Elixir. After Lisa Eldridge from YouTube spoke about it, I couldn't get it off my mind and knew I had to pick one up. I got this package for around $30 CAD when the Beauty Elixir on its own is already around $20 CAD. This package also includes their hand cream, a foaming facial cleanser, and a chap stick. I've only used the Beauty Elixir and hand cream so far and I LOVE the hand cream. I've bought a back-up when I saw it again because it's a really good deal. 


I also picked up this travel set from Sephora by Toki Doki. It was on sale for $9 CAD. Score! Can't wait to use it for my trip to Hong Kong.


Then I was happy to find this little Ole Henriksen set that I redeemed with 500 Beauty Points at Sephora. The set includes their Truth Serum, Truth Creme, Ultimate Lift Eye Gel, and a pack of Truth to Go Wipes. I've used everything except the Truth to Go Wipes at night for a week but I think the Truth Creme is too strong and broke me out a little.


I also went to Shoppers Drug Mart and bought a few more nail polishes from Essence and a lip stick. The lipstick is in '49 Like a Lady' and the nail polishes are from L to R: '53 You Belong to Me', '86 A Lovely Secret', '08 Ultimate Pink', '46 Wake Up!', '95 Wanna Be Your Sunshine', and '70 Nude It!'. These polishes were only $1.49 CAD each and they're Formaldehyde free as advertised on their displays. =)


And I've been lusting after these lipsticks for a while and finally picked up the Lancome Rouge in Love lipsticks in '381B Violette Coquette' and '340B Rose Boudoir'. These retail for $30 CAD. I haven't used them too much so I can't say anything from lack of experience with them. =P


Plus, I got a free gift from Sears with a Lancome purchase. =)


I ordered two exciting things from Hautelook during their TheBalm sale. The Nude'tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette (the Naughty version) and the Frat Boy Shadow/Blush. =) They're paraben free! I think I paid $18 USD for the eyeshadow palette and $10 USD for the blush. It was a good deal, but then I had to pay shipping and a 20% international surcharge. It's still cheaper than buying them retail in stores.


What was surprising is that they threw in a free gift compliments of The Art of Shaving. It's a super cute kit even though it's targeted at men.


I also succumbed to online reviews and picked up the Eco Tools Bamboo 6 Piece Eye Brush Set from Rexall because they currently have 20% off all Eco Tools. I just picked it up yesterday and cleaned it last night so I haven't used it yet.


And lastly, a purchase that will make me feel like an 'extreme couponer'. I found these Annabelle items in a clearance bin at Shoppers Drug Mart and they were going for $1.99 CAD which is already cheap enough because they're bonus packs, but I also had a $2 off coupon from a magazine for any Annabelle eyeliner so I basically got one of these items for free. =) I paid $2.50 CAD for both packs including tax. Yay me!


That's all!!! I hope you enjoyed my collective haul and I'm going to try and swing back into blogging, maybe do some swatches from this haul. ;) Until next time!



2 comments:

  1. which shoppers drug mart location and winners location do you go to, you always find great deals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! It was first time visiting this Shoppers Drug Mart where I found the Annabelle products - it was somewhere in the Path. =/ I don't know which part... And for Winners, I typically visit the one on College St. and the one on Bloor St. I think I find things because I go so often. =P

      Delete