October 3, 2012

100th Blog Post & An American Haul

Hello everyone! I'm super excited to make this post as it is my 100th blog post! At first I wasn't sure what to blog about for my 100th post as I wanted to make it somewhat special...so I've hesitated in posting anything. =P



But I thought I'd do a haul from the States as I did a little weekend shopping trip across the border mid-September. It was a fast-paced weekend as we wanted to visit as many places as we could and also spend over 48 hours there so we would qualify for the $800 duty free limit. =)

More after the jump!



Needless to say, I was super excited to go to the States. I wanted to pick some stuff up from Sephora because it's a lot cheaper there and also pay my first visit to Target and Ulta.

First stop for us was Walden Galleria. I hit up both Sephoras there (there's one in the JC Penny). I might just be sensitive but I sensed that the older clipboard lady there was a tad racist as she was watching me everywhere I was in the store. =/ I've NEVER had that feeling at ANY Sephoras I visited... But seriously, every time I turned, I could see her eyeing me. Super creepy. Just a little side rant. =P

I had a shopping list of what I wanted but that fell apart when they didn't carry those brands at this location. The older clipboard lady was also of no help as I asked if they had Lorac and she just said, "We used to carry it." I don't care about that, what she should've told me was that they carried Lorac in the JC Penny location. Another side rant.

I picked up the Smashbox 'The Master Class Palette' ($59 USD), Urban Decay De Slick (100 BI Points), Sephora by OPI 'Tempted by Teal' ($3 USD - clearance), OCC Lip Tar in 'Anime' ($16 USD), Origins Super Spot Remover ($14.50 USD), Too Faced Chocolate Soleil ($29 USD), and a sample of Boscia's B.B. Cream.



This product smells SO good!


I didn't plan on buying this palette. I originally wanted the Lorac Pro palette as Sephora's website led me to believe it was paraben free and blah blah but it's not. Not that I'm saying this one is either. But I was going to get the Lorac palette and a Buxom blush but ended up with this. =) I'm really enjoying it and it's a great deal.


$1 USD earrings from H&M. Everyone is telling me the chains look weird...so I plan on chopping them off. =) The yellow H&M bags throw me off...as they're white in Canada.


Pretty earrings from Forever 21. These were under $4 USD.


We visited a couple Premium Outlets while we were there - Grove City and Aurora Farms. I definitely liked Grove City more than Aurora Farms but Aurora Farms had Saks Off Fifth.

I think I went to three CCO's while were we there and I only picked up one item. Who's proud?! I got a MAC Pro Longwear Lipcreme in 'Dress It Up'.



I ventured to the Samsonite "outlet" but it wasn't even an outlet... I wanted to pick some things up for my upcoming trip. All the things I purchased were retail but I did get 20% off - I guess that's the "outlet" part. I got a zip-around travel wallet, a combination lock in a gorgeous pink, and some adapters. Nothing too exciting here.


Flamin' Hot Cheetos - only available across the border. Picked up a bag when were at Target. I LOVE TARGET! =) Can't wait for it come to Canada next year. I really hope it'll be like its American stores and offer the same brands they currently carry.


Honestly, I was too lazy (and it's probably not that interesting) to lay everything out but here's my Target haul. =) Enjoy peeking!


I finally got the chance to visit Ulta. Not as great as I imagined it to be but it wasn't bad. =) It's comparable to our Shoppers Drug Mart as they carry drugstore and mid-end cosmetic brands - Shoppers even carries high end cosmetic brands.

One thing that I beat myself up about is the fact that I forgot to use my coupon that I printed out and was so excited to use and that I didn't get a free gift with a qualifying purchase. Boo them!

I did however manage to pick up some more Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman brushes, I wanted more, but they were sold out of most of them as they were on sale for "buy one, get one half off". I picked up the 'Stippling Brush' ($9.99 USD) and 'Blush Brush' ($8.99 USD). Maybelline products were also "buy one, get one half price" and I managed to find the 8-pan eyeshadow that they don't offer in Canada. There are three options from their Expert Wear Eyeshadows, I chose 'Sunbaked Neutrals' ($7.99 USD) and I also picked up a Volum' Express One by One Waterproof Mascara in 'Blackest Black' ($7.99 USD) - I didn't know what else to get. =P I also picked up a NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Palette in 'Caviar and Bubbles' ($10.99 USD) and Tarte EmphasEYES Waterproof Amazonian Clay Brow Mousse in 'Rich Brown' ($28 USD).


These shadows are really nice. I don't understand why they don't carry them in Canada. Boo them! And I wish they had a matte black and brown instead of the two green shades. It would've been so perfect.


I thought this would make a great travel palette. Sadly, a lot of the shades are quite similar... I guess I fell for a neutral palette with a matte black and brown. =P


I was debating whether or not to get this but I thought, "they don't have it in Canada," so I did. Turns out, Sephora started carrying it. I don't know if I love it yet...hasn't worked out as I wanted it to. I tried using the brush it came with, did not love it. I need to play around with it more.


Last but not least, a pair of Chloe sunglasses from Saks Off Fifth. =) They were under $100 USD - what a steal! Saks Off Fifth is discounted designer sunglasses heaven!


That's all! Thanks for joining me for my 100th blog post! =D



No comments:

Post a Comment