April 16, 2013

theBalm Nude 'Tude Nude Eyeshadow Palette Review & Swatches

Happy April everyone! Crazy how fast this year is just passing by (for me at least...) This is a post I meant to do a long time ago (I bought this palette back in May 2012...) and just totally forgot about  it but since I've already done the pictures, it's happening. =) I didn't jump on this bandwagon, it just sort of happened because this palette was on sale on HauteLook when I picked it up. I do love a good sale. 


More after the jump. 
If you didn't pay attention to the title, I'm talking about theBalm's Nude 'Tude Nude eyeshadow palette. I picked it up for $18 USD from HauteLook, I think that's around half the regular price. It has 12 shades, four of which are matte. There are two versions of this palette, a naughty one (the one I have) and nice one. They both contain the same shadows, the only difference is one has pictures of gorgeous ladies and the other doesn't. 




I had a small problem with the brush that came with it if you see above, the hairs were caught in the palette and some were torn out. I haven't played around much with the brush...


The colours in this palette are greatly pigmented. The swatches below are done with one swipe on bare skin and I'm already getting a lot of colour. =) There are three matte shades (Sexy, Serious, and Sleek). There's a very shimmery shade (Stand-offish) and one with a hint of glitter (Silly). One is satiny (Sulty). The rest are pearly (Sassy, Snobby, Stubborn, Selfish, Sophisticated, and Seductive).



I used this palette a lot when it first arrived but ever since, I haven't touched it much. I went back to my trusty Naked palette (it's just easier for me). I do however love that there's a matte black shade (Serious). I think all perfect palettes need this shade to finish it (for me at least). I wish there was a matte or satin highlight colour and more mid-tones. This palette is talc, paraben, and cruelty free.

Hope that helps, happy shopping! Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment