June 11, 2014

First Impressions: YSL Babydoll Kiss & Blush

Hello! I hope the day is treating you well. Today I'd like to share with you the new YSL Babydoll Kiss & Blush and my first impressions of it. 


More after the jump, I promise. ;)

I've been wanting this product after seeing its ads pop up here and there and picked it up when Sephora finally had it in store. I got the shade "1 Fuchsia Desinvolte" ($45 CAD).


The colour I chose is the brightest pink available in the range and if you don't know already, I like my pink lip colours. The packaging for this product is interesting because it looks like a bottle of nail polish but it's not that great for small pockets and bags as it's wider than most lip products.


When I first pulled out the applicator, I was pleasantly surprised to find something other than a doe foot applicator. After trying this applicator out, I must say I'm loving it. It's very soft and puffy like a makeup sponge. However, it has its drawback as I found it is not as precise as the pointed one from the Glossy Stain, though it does the job fairly well.



The colour is really pretty. It's a very wearable pink that's noticeably pink but doesn't scream hot pink. If that made any sense to you... Also, this is a matte lip colour, it applies wet, but dries to a nice soft matte finish that doesn't feel drying on the lips.


And don't forget it's also a blush... though I haven't tried it as a blush but here's a swatch. :)


This is a nice product if you like a soft matte finish. However, at $45 CAD, I find it a bit steep compared to their under $40 CAD Glossy Stain. 

Have you tried this product? Let me know your thoughts in the comments. As always, hope you enjoyed this post and thanks for reading! 



No comments:

Post a Comment