March 6, 2012

February 2012 Collective Haul

It's that time again! =) My monthly collective hauls! =) As I'm writing this, I know I have already forgotten something... =( My shoes! I am so forgetful that if I don't take pictures asap then I'm going to forget what I have purchased throughout the month. =P

I'm really trying to cut down on spending and trying to cut out on splurging as I need to start using up the make up I already own so these monthly "hauls" are going to hopefully shrink in size and I'm pretty proud of this month. =)


First, I picked these amazing pumps from The Bay and they're JS by Jessica Simpson. It was at an amazing price that I couldn't pass up. They were a bit over $30 CAD and the straps add comfort - plus, they're real leather.

Onto some more hauling...

I finally picked up my first MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in 'Medium Plus'. I'm currently trying it as a foundation in lieu of Bare Minerals and so far I'm liking it. The coverage is lighter than what I get with Bare Minerals but the application process is a breeze because this beauty is baked. I purchased this from the counter in The Bay as I received a thank you voucher for $20 off any purchase in the mail. =) It was a great opportunity to save money on MAC.


Randomly, I stumbled upon a day where The Bay had some sort of beauty event because there were more sales associates than customers. I scored some samples while checking out Burt's Bees products and I'm excited to try them out.


Something random again - you'll never guess where I picked up these two next items. They were from Loblaws! =) I wanted to check out their cosmetics aisle while waiting for my boyfriend and I stumbled upon some clearance/sale tags that I couldn't resist. I picked up the Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner for around $4 CAD and the Neutrogena Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover for around $5 CAD. In my books, that's a great deal! =) I'm not the biggest fan of the Neutrogena eye makeup remover as I think Sephora has a better one but seeing as this is half the price - it works.


Next, and the thing I'm most excited about is the YSL Rouge Pur Couture Glossy Stain in '11 Rouge Gouache'. I didn't splurge! It was a lovely gift from my bf. =)


I've used it a few times and I really like it - the applicator especially! Be warned - if you swatch it, it will stain because this is a lipstick, lip gloss, and stain all in one. =)


I've been looking for a lash applicator and I really want one of the metal ones but I saw this one in the clearance section at Sephora and you know how I can't pass up a good deal. =P


The kit cost $7 CAD and it has more than just the lash applicator. It also has a pair of falsies, tweezers, scissors, 10 birchwood sticks (I don't understand why you would need this...), and three mini tubes of lash glue.


And another item I'm super excited about! I finally redeemed 500 points from Sephora's Beauty Insider program to get this Tarte set. I've been waiting forever for something good and this is something good. =) It includes two full-size products and three deluxe size samples. Yay! I was lucky enough to snatch the last one the SA found that morning because they were out of stock for a while at the location I frequent.


That's all for this month! I hope I didn't forget anything else... =) Hope you enjoyed!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment