March 4, 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder Review

Hi! Hope everyone is doing well! I can't believe we're into March already. Time is seriously flying by especially since all I do now is work it seems unlike university when there was a lot of "free time". ;) If you're still in school, then I hope midterms are treating you well.



Today's post is going to be focused on trying to review the new Revlon Nearly Naked Pressed Powder as I recently purchased it from Shoppers Drug Mart. I've heard many good things about it around the web and on YouTube but I was hesitant to pick it up seeing as it was around $15 CAD for a drugstore powder but when it was on sale for $10 CAD, I couldn't resist.


I purchased it in the lightest shade available in Canada, "02 Light". I thought it was weird that the lightest shade started at "02" but after a Google session, I figured that only four shades launched in Canada while there are actually six shades in the U.S. Seems odd...


As I'm writing this review, I've already returned this product as it did not work for me. I will list the pros and cons below. It's not necessarily that I don't like the powder itself but the colour was a smidge too dark for me and it also oxidized into an Oompa Loompa shade that I'm not very fond of. =( 





Pros:
- the powder was finely milled
- it was "Nearly Naked" looking before it oxidized 
- the texture of the powder didn't look cakey when I buffed it on with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush

Cons:
- the pressed powder was too powdery when swirling brush in the compact, the remnant of the pwoder would get everywhere, similar to a poor packaged loose powder
- there are only 4/6 shades available in Canada and "02 Light" is still pretty dark
- the powder oxidizes throughout the day and made me look like I badly fake tanned my face and forgot about my body... =/
- the packaging too bulky, I didn't really care for the extra space for the sponge
- I later found out that this caused me to break out =(

If you're really interested, I'd say give it a go and see how it works for you. Even when I read bad reviews of products I really want to try, I still go for it because products work different on everyone. I would advise you to buy it from somewhere with a good return policy and also, when it's on sale.  ;)

Cheers! Happy reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment