September 27, 2011

End of Summer 2011 Collective Haul

Hello all my lovelies! =) I hope you're all doing fabulous. As promised, here is my 'End of Summer' collective haul that I'm excited to share with you.

First, I was super lucky to find the cutest Barbie by Stila makeup kit from Winners. It was only $9.99 CAD and there's enough makeup to create the "1959 #1 Ponytail Doll" look.


In the pail contains an eyeshadow and blush trio, a lipstick, and a liquid eyeliner pen.


Here are some swatches I did: the lipstick is in 'Ponytail' and the liquid eyeliner doesn't have a name but it's black (as you can see...).


The palette is called the '#1 Ponytail Doll Palette' and it has a nice peach blush, a matte black eyeshadow and a metallic lavender-ish blue eyeshadow. =)


Next up are items I picked up during the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE). Every year, they have discounted beauty items and there are many great finds. =)

The first time I went, I picked up Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips in 'Skinny Jeans' and it was only $3 CAD so...it was a steal compared to paying up to $10 CAD for it. Then I picked out 3 nail polishes from the massive nail polish "island" (basically a table with hundreds of bottles of nail polishes for your perusing) which are Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri in 'Jumpin' Jade', Hard as Nails in 'Rave Review' and Hard as Nails Extreme Wear in 'Shooting Star' (that I absolutely HATE! I tried using it and when it was dry, I rubbed it a little and the entire polish on my nail just slipped right off...I did not understand and I've never seen anything happen like that before...so...BLAH!). I also picked up Sally Hansen's Diamond Strength Base and Top Coat and more Complete Care Extra Moisturizing 4-in-1 Treatment (it's my favourite base coat). All the polishes cost me less than $10 CAD after tax seeing as I've paid well over $10 CAD for the Complete Care alone, it was a STEAL! =) I also found a pair of brow scissors by Revlon (with a spoolie included) for $3 or $4 CAD (I can't remember).


When I went to CNE again, I picked up a few more things. I got 2 mascaras from Rimmel: Eye Magnifier and Lash Maxxx, 3 Sally Hansen Natural Butter Lip Shimmers in 'Aura', 'Bliss', and some other colour I gave my sister, a compact eyelash curler by La Cross, a Cheek 2 Cheek Powder by NYC in 'Jamaica Me Crazy', a black liquid eyeliner by NYC (that I had to toss since I didn't notice the package was opened *sighs*), and a Bronze Liquid Glow by NYC (that is not impressive at all).


I picked up a "new" mascara by Maybelline and I use "new" loosely because it's still Great Lash but with a different subtitle, Lots of Lashes, and a differently shaped applicator. It was cute and it was on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for around $5 CAD so I picked up. =P


The brush is intriguing but I don't notice anything special about it...and the mascara is a bit wet in my opinion so I still prefer my One by One Volum' Express.


I also picked up on another trip to Shoppers Drug Mart, Super G, a limited edition fragrance from Harajuku Lovers. The bottle is THE CUTEST bottle I've seen yet from Harajuku Lovers and I love the scent! Plus, it was only $19.99 CAD!!! (Compared to $45 USD at sephora.com) It's a fruity sweet scent and the top notes are tangerine, yellow pineapple (=S Are there other pineapples out there?), pear, tart, cranberry, banana nectar, yellow freesia, coconut, peach, musk, transparent cedar wood, vanilla, and raspberry.


Next up, I bought 2 knitted circle scarves from Urban Behaviour at Vaughan Mills. =) They were only around $7 CAD each because the store had a promotion of 40% off everything in store. YAY!


And lastly, I finally picked up Lasting Drama gel eyeliner by Maybelline in 'Charcoal' that I have been adoring. Even the brush that comes with it is nice. =) It was $9.99 on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart.


That's all folks! =) I hope you enjoyed my haul!!! Feel free to leave any comments and follow my blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment